Great Lakes building Systems
Over 500 Years Of Collective Experience Working For You
Great Lakes Building Systems is a COMPLETE Fire & Security System Integrator. We provide engineering / design, equipment, installation, project management and ongoing 24/7 service for you, protecting life and property. We service Western and Central New York primarilly, but have clients throughout the United States.
Our Clients include; Commercial, Educational, Health Care, Industrial and Retail Facilities throughout Western and Central New York State.
Great Lakes Building Systems, Inc. (GLBS) was founded on April 24, 2001 by John F. Wojdan (President) and William I. Blanchard (Vice-President). Between these two entrepreneurs, they have 58 years of experience in the Fire Alarm / Security Industry in Western New York and hold a NICET Level IV Certification and AAS in Fire Technology.
The founders of GBLS share a passion for professionalism and excellence in their industry. They realize the true value of building long term relationships with business owners and property managers. Business relationships that include more than just the sale of equipment, but the support that’s required after the sale. The foundation of GLBS is just that, long term, satisfied customers. We realize that “You Have a Choice”. Therefore, “We must work hard to get your business and even harder to keep it!”
• Our Sales & Administration Department works directly with our customers in generating a quality, professional quotation for our services. Including; end user “turnkey” solutions, parts & smarts to contractors and service & monitoring contracts.
• Our Engineering Department offers system design with AutoCAD drawings and complete project submittal packages that satisfy the most demanding Engineer or Authority Having Jurisdiction.
• Our Installation Department provides both electrical and mechanical installation for all of our “Turn Key” projects. Our installers are licensed by the state of New York, are factory trained and maintain NICET Certification.
• Our Fire Suppression Department is dedicated in providing complete sales and service for any pre-engineered or engineered clean agent system.
• Our Technical Services Department is a group of individuals that are trained in the high end technical and computer integration portion of our industry. They work directly with our customers I.T. Departments to assure project success and customer satisfaction.
• Our Service Department is the corner stone of GLBS by design. On call 24/7 there mission is simple; “Keep EVERY ONE of our customers happy and satisfied for life.”
• Our Buffalo, NY headquarters is an 8, 500 square foot facility located at 116 Gruner Road, Buffalo NY 14227. At this facility we have our Business Administration, Customer Solutions Center, Engineering Department and award winning Service Department.
• Our Suppression Facility is located at 400 Kennedy Road, Buffalo NY 14227. At this 5, 600 square foot facility, service of all Fire Extinguishers, Kitchen Hood Systems, Industrial Fire Extinguishing Systems and Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems is performed.
• Our Rochester Office is located at 333 Metro Park, Suite 102-S, Rochester, NY, 14623. This office houses both sales and service staff.
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
• National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
• Fire Suppression Systems Association (FSSA)
• National Institute of Certifying Engineers (NICET)